Monday, 17 February 2014

BB5 Product Review: John Frieda Luxurious Volume Shampoo&Conditioner, H2O Plus Body Wash, Swissco Exfoliating Gloves

Well, I gave in and tried out the products I had not been completely pleased with from the last two Beauty Box 5's. My thoughts?

John Frieda Luxurious Volume Touchably Full Shampoo & Conditioner
I don't have fine hair, but I have very flat hair that really could use a volume boost. This did practically nothing at all. My hair does seem a little shinier, likely due to all the waxes they put in the product -- yet also surprisingly light. Zero volume was added. It smells nice, though.

More importantly, I had complained about the amount of drying ingredients they included in the shampoo, like the alcohols, SLS, and fragrance. The shampoo lathered very well, likely due to the SLS. I was right about this drying my hair out -- immediately after rinsing the shampoo out of my hair, it felt... scrunchy. My ends were horribly dry. I can't remember any time my hair has felt like that. Using the John Frieda conditioner helped, but not much. I actually needed to use an additional sulfate-free conditioner on my ends, which mitigated most of the damage. I also rinsed my hair forever to make sure no product stayed on my hair. 

Conclusion: never again.

H2O Plus Spa Sea Lotus Body Wash
Another product I lauded for it's inclusion of fragrance, I only tried a little bit of this on my arm (after what John Frieda did to my hair, I would hate for my entire body to go through the same thing). It was fine. It didn't dry me out as much as I thought it would, and the smell was fresh (again, I don't personally consider that a plus if it's due to fragrance). It did its job.

Conclusion: I can find something sulfate- and fragrance-free for the same price or cheaper at my local Shoppers Drug Mart, and it will work just as well. I'll pass.

Swissco Bath & Shower Exfoliating Gloves
Exfoliated better than I thought it would. Yes, still less exfoliating than the gloves I have from Shoppers, but the larger size didn't end up being an issue once it got wet, and it did still exfoliate. The wrist elastic loosened up a bit and is no longer uncomfortable.

Conclusion: I'm happy with it! I will stick with these for now. I don't think they'll last as long as my previous ones, but it's not a huge issue.

No comments :

Post a Comment