Thursday, 29 May 2014

Whimseybox May 2014 Review


Whimseybox has the privilege of being the only box I've committed to for a six month membership. Though I don't often have time to complete the projects or continue on with them, it's nice to know I have the option on any free day I have. 

Box Overview
Box: Whimseybox (Referral link for $5 off your subscription!)
Price: $15/month, $45/3 months, $90/6 months, $165/yearly ($13.75 per box); $5 shipping surcharge per month to Canada
Ships to: US and Canada
What's inside: A monthly craft project with all/most of the supplies to make it, an art print, and the occasional extra. 

As usual, the packaging was beautiful. This month's instructional card/art print features a four by five grid of watercoloured circles. I'm not sure how I feel about this art print. I like it, though I don't think I would put it up in my house.

First look
 This month's project is paper flower crafting! At  first I scoffed a bit, but looking at the instructions and results, I was fairly impressed. Some of the flowers look very difficult to pull off. This kit came with four colours of tissue paper. There were two colour options -- Rich Romance and Peachy Keen. As a Pro member (3 month subscription or higher), I got to pick without knowing what the project would be.

I was amazed at everything they managed to fit in the box. Along with the paper were wire flower stems, floral tape, scissors, a glue stick, tacky glue, and metal flower stamens. The ones pictured in the instructional booklet were a white-yellow, but I got metal gray ones, which is disappointing. Also included were some petal templates.

Templates
I haven't tackled this project yet, because I just got it today and it seems like something that would take some time. It's not something I would choose to do on my own, but I think it would be nice to make a small bouquet for the house. I usually never keep flowers because they may be dangerous or tempting to my cat. At least I know paper won't hurt him if he eats them -- no guarantees that he won't still try to knock them down, though.

I'm still loving the amount of care put into each monthly Whimseybox. If you love crafts, I highly recommend it.

No comments :

Post a Comment