Friday, 6 June 2014

Memebox Luckybox #2 (Two) Review


This Luckybox 2 from Memebox was a restocked edition I happened to grab. Memeboxes continue to be one of my favourite boxes to date, due to their interesting items, ability to choose from various themed boxes, and value.

Box Overview
Box: Memebox (Global)
Price: $15 (for Memebox Mini), $23 (for Memebox Global or Luckybox), $23-$39 (for Nakedbox), $32-$70 (for Superbox), + shipping
Ships to: United States, Canada, and over 40 other countries -- check here
What's inside: Korean beauty products. Specifics for each box may be found on their website.


LJH Tea Tree 90 Essence 20mL/0.68 fl oz || Estimated value: $12.80
Beneficial ingredients of note: tea tree oil, trehalose, sea buckthorn, centella asiatica
Detrimental ingredients of note: none
Tea tree is a great ingredient if diluted (otherwise, it's very drying and has a high chance of contact dermatitis and chemical burns after prolonged use). If the ingredients list is as stated, then this is pretty much perfect for anyone who likes tea tree. Only a few drops can cover the entire face, working its antifungal, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory magic. I use this a few times per week to help with my acne, and I think it does help. I hope it's diluted enough to not cause any problems for me; I haven't yet had any reactions. If the 90 is to be taken literally, this may be 90% tea tree oil; I may dilute it more to be safe.


Espoir Lip Gloss - Magic Hour 4.4g || Estimated value: $1.78
Beneficial ingredients of note: N/A
Detrimental ingredients of note: N/A
I wasn't able to find any ingredients list for this item, a rather large "sample" sized lip gloss. Swatched above, you can see the colour is very vivid, but it actually spreads out finely to a more subtle colour. Unfortunately, lip glosses are not my thing, so I've swapped this item. 


Dr. Jart V7 Eye Serum Full Size || Value: $38
Beneficial ingredients of note: niacinamide, several flower/seed extracts, aloe
Detrimental ingredients of note: high amount of silicones/parabens/preservatives, more than what I usually see in ingredients lists
I think eye serums like this are something you would have to use for months and months to see an effect. I haven't been super strict on using this every day, so I haven't personally seen any results from this.

Miseenscene 2x Curl Essence 30mL/1fl oz || Estimated value: $2
Beneficial ingredients of note: N/A
Detrimental ingredients of note: N/A, but definitely some sort of fragrance
From what I understand, this is supposed to be some sort of hair essence but also a styling treatment for curly hair? But it can also be used in straight hair, like mine. A plus is that it can be used in damp or dry hair, sort of as a leave-in conditioner. I wouldn't use this on my entire head because it's heavily fragranced. I've used it on my dry ends and it's okay at sealing split ends up temporarily, but too much leaves my hair tacky. It's alright.


Dr. G BIO-RTx Mentor Cream - 7 (for damaged skin) 20mL/0.68fl oz || Estimated value: $14
Beneficial ingredients of note: N/A -- see below
Detrimental ingredients of note: N/A -- see below 
This is one of three creams in the range, the other two being for dry and oily skin. It contains 7% of the compound "Bio-RTx", a trademarked formula that is supposed to be really great for skin. This cream also contains salicylic acid. Beyond that, I cannot translate the ingredients list. Since Bio-RTx is a combination of ingredients that are trademarked, I wasn't able to find anything about that, either. It says it controls sebum, which worries me that there are drying alcohols in this. It dries very quickly, too, which I feel confirmed my suspicions. I've used this on my entire face a few times, and though it isn't noticeably dry afterwards I can't say it's been super moisturizing, either. The salicylic acid (a great ingredient, though drying) doesn't help, either. I'm unsure of how I feel about this product.


Nuganic Customize Sunblock Fresh SPF 50 PA+++ Full size || Value: $45
Beneficial ingredients of note: zinc oxide, niacinamide, baobab extract, water lily extract
Detrimental ingredients of note: fragrance, lime extract
I cannot believe that this is a physical sunscreen. To be honest, before writing this review I assumed it was a chemical sunscreen because of how wonderfully it applies. The white cast immediately upon application is minimal, and once soaked in it's unnoticeable. It's incredibly lightweight and feels no different from a moisturizer. It does not dry matte (compared to, say, Nutrogena Ultrasheer Dry Touch), but that's easily covered up with some powder once dry. I am in love with this sunscreen. It is my best friend. If only it wasn't a measly 40mL for $45.


Leaders Insolution Mask Sheets - Bio Medi-curing Mask Aqua Dressing & Coconut Bio Mask with Tomato Full size || Value: $6 in total 
See my thoughts on these masks in my Mask Box Edition 2 review. (Short version: I love these masks!)

I paid $23 for this box and got -- get this -- over $100 worth of items! To be honest, just the masks and the sunscreen make the box for me; they're by far my favourite Memebox items so far. I highly recommend Luckyboxes for the Memebox newbie; they tend to have the highest value and are collections of some of the best Memebox items from prior Memebox Globals and Memebox Luckyboxes.

No comments :

Post a Comment