Friday, 26 September 2014

Whimseybox Warning: July, August, September 2014

I thought it was pretty fishy when I didn't get my July box until mid August, thus delaying my review for it quite a bit -- in fact, I decided not to review it at all, waiting for my August box to arrive to do a double review. It is currently late September, and I've yet to receive not only my Whimseybox, but even a tracking number. In fact, I haven't gotten any e-mails from Whimseybox for a month. No advertisements, no giveaways, nothing. It almost appears that the company has been wiped off the face of the earth.

Looking at their Facebook, I am not the only one going through this. Few people have received their August Whimseybox. The craft is a Pajaki chandelier, and consists primarily of some pom poms, straws, cupcake holders, and watercolour paint. Though there have been similarly valued Whimseyboxes, this combined with the poor shipping and lack of communication has many people in a tizzy.

Whimseybox had this to say on September 9th:
Subscribers, thank you all for your patience.

As of today, we are still working on shipping our August boxes. We understand your frustration and we apologize for our lack of communication. In the meantime, please continue to work with us while we sort through some issues. We'll make this situation right for all of you as soon as we can.

We will update you when we know more. Thank you.
Many are reporting that their more recent e-mails are being ignored. Some have reported being charged despite cancelling their subscription through the website. I too have cancelled my six month subscription, which renews early November. My cancellation is "pending", but not yet confirmed.

Many of my readers know that I have touted Whimseybox as one of my favourite subscription services for the thought they put into their boxes. This sudden change in direction has blindsided me, and I no longer support the company in any way. I am very disappointed, and warn all of you about this company.

Bunny

No comments :

Post a Comment