Thursday, 9 October 2014

Memebox Luckybox #4 (Four) Retro Review


Late to the punch, but here goes nothing! Here comes the fourth installment of Memebox's very popular Luckybox, from quite a while ago!

Box Overview
Box: Memebox (Referral link)
Price: $15 (for Memebox Mini), $23 (for Memebox Global or Luckybox), $23-$39 (for Nakedbox), $32-$70 (for Superbox), + shipping
Ships to: United States, Canada, and over 40 other countries -- check here
What's inside: Korean beauty products. Specifics for each box may be found on their website.
Coupon: Use XW6C for $5 off your order!



Dr. G Bling Bling BB Cream Full size || Value: $24
Beneficial ingredients of note: fig extract, ginkgo bilboa nut extract, centella asiatica extract, zinc oxide
Detrimental ingredients of note: pomegranate extract? (halfway through list), fragrance (last ingredient)
This BB cream is way too light for me. It has an almost sparkling quality which, on me, makes me feel like Edward Cullen a la Twilight. Many people who are paler love this, but alas, I am not a pale person. Otherwise, it feels like a normal BB cream! It didn't seem overly drying, though I didn't wear it for a whole day to find out for sure.

Miguhara B.P Cream 3mL/0.10fl oz x 2 || Estimated value: $4
Beneficial ingredients of note: sunflower seed oil (last half of list)
Detrimental ingredients of note: mandarin oil (last ingredient)
Wow, I know I'm behind on reviews when I've gone through three of these little bad boys and have a full-sized one in my stash. This is my favourite primer -- I can't say I've gone through a whole lot, but others seem to agree. It's a silicone-based primer which goes on a neutral beige but quickly blends into the skin, even my difficult to colour-match skin. It feels like putting a soft creamy mousse on. It even provides a tiny bit of coverage and I wear it on my "good skin" days alone. My only issue is that is loves to accentuate dry skin flakes. A gentle exfoliation with my konjac sponge and a hefty amount of moisturizer have reduced this issue a ton. I also find that using a damp beauty sponge helps as well.


Goodal Repair Plus Essential Oil 15mL/ || Estimated value: $7
Beneficial ingredients of note: Almost every single oil imaginable, from macadamia (first ingredient) to argan to avocado to rosemary.
Detrimental ingredients of note: Lemon essential oil (last half of list)
This oil should be everything I ever wanted, but... it's not, really. Something in this oil smells too sharp for me. It may be the lemon. It's just like any other facial oil and to be honest, I wouldn't recommend it just because it could easily be comedogenic to many people with all of its different oils. Sometimes simpler is better.

Holika Holika Skin & Good Cera Super Cream 10mL/0.34fl oz || Estimated value: $6
Beneficial ingredients of note: Ceramides, shea butter, arugala extract?
Detrimental ingredients of note: N/A?
I can't seem to find a full ingredients list for this, unless the three ingredients above are the full ingredients list. I highly doubt that, as shea butter is fairly firm at room temperature and this cream is a light cream as any other. I did like this cream a lot and it did not break me out, and it was a perfect size to take with me on days out. A little went a long way with this cream as far as keeping my skin feeling moisturized. I probably wouldn't purchase it again, as it is a paltry 60 mL for $36 and I don't think it's worth that price.

HeartFace Ultra Pore Care Sleeping Pack 20mL/0.68oz || Estimated value: $12.95
Beneficial ingredients of note: hyaluronic acid (middle of list), aloe vera gel, mp galactomyces fermet filtrate, green tea extract
Detrimental ingredients of note: ethanol (first half of list), fragrance (last ingredient)
This sleeping pack is supposed to help with pores and oily skin. Surprise -- it has ethanol! As in rubbing alcohol. Ugh. I did try this once to see if it would do anything, and it made my face slightly less oily in the T zone. No news on pore shrinkage, because pores do not actually change size in the long term. It didn't seem super dry the morning after but I didn't want to take my chances by using it every day, and I don't need it anyway.


Glory Nail Vegan Lacquer Full size || Value: $8.33
Beneficial ingredients of note: N/A
Detrimental ingredients of note: N/A
This vegan polish is a dark red, almost black. It's very nice, but I am just not a nail person... yet. I never used to be a skin care or make up person either, and that's clearly changed!


Mamonde First Energy Serum 10mL/0.34fl oz || Estimated value: $2.65
Beneficial ingredients of note: Flower vinegar from the Lonicera flower?
Detrimental ingredients of note: None
This product was looked at in my Luckybox #1 review. I haven't used this new one despite finishing up the first; I simply haven't had a place to put it in my routine. I think I will start alternating it with my current toner to make it last longer, though. I can't say I've noticed any significant changes in my skin when I was using it every day versus not; I still like how it soaked in so well, though.

CNP Laboratory Cleansing Perfecta 50mL/1.7fl oz || Estimated value: $12
Beneficial ingredients of note: Rosemary leaf water?, sweet basil extract
Detrimental ingredients of note: citrus fruit extracts, lavender extract
I also reviewed this product in my Luckybox #1 review. I've warmed up to it; I find it to be a light cleanser that is fine for in the morning or days where I don't wear makeup. It still doesn't remove eye makeup like I want it too, though.

LJH Tea Tree 90 Essence 20mL/0.68 fl oz || Estimated value: $12.80
Beneficial ingredients of note: tea tree oil, trehalose, sea buckthorn, centella asiatica
Detrimental ingredients of note: none
I talked about this product in my Luckybox #2 review! I'm barely through the first bottle. I find it to be somewhat drying, and lately it feels a little more tacky on my skin and I'm not sure why. Still, it's been nice to use once in a while when I have small breakouts on my face. It also appeared to calm down a mosquito bite I got on my forehead (sigh...).

This Luckybox was bursting at the seams with nine different products (a total of ten items), with a value of about $90 -- for $23 plus $7 shipping! Beyond the products I said I wouldn't use, I am almost done all of the contents of this box, which is great. I haven't had any real issues at all.

Hope y'all enjoyed this retro review -- boxes which I received but never reviewed. Sorry for the poor quality; think of it as a blast from the (recent) past, I suppose! 

No comments :

Post a Comment