Friday, 21 November 2014

Amoda Tea is BACK!

Box: Amoda Tea
Price: $18/month, including shipping
Ships to: North America
What’s inside: 4 different teas (3 cups each), tea filters 

Some of you may have remembered one of my favourite Canadian subscription boxes, Amoda Tea. Check out my previous blog posts about this sub here! I really love this company -- I even had a personal phone call with one of the owners, Darryl McIvor, to discuss what I liked about the company and learn about where they were heading. 

They ended up shutting down their subscription service a few months ago to focus on their storefront, which carries a variety of teas from several companies, many of which are local or ethically source from other countries. Though I know the quality of the teas is generally great, the thing keeping me from pulling the trigger on their regular store was the shipping costs. 

But now they're back! Here are differences between the old box and the new:
  • 4 different teas, instead of 3
  • Each tea sample makes about 3 cups, instead of 5-7
  • Tea filters are included with the box -- no need for your own strainer
  • A tea-sipping playlist is included with their usual tea-tasting notes and steeping instructions
  • $6 increase in price, from $12 to $18
So, do I think the price increase is worth it? Somewhat. Before, the box was incredibly great value, with 15-21 cups of tea for $12 -- less than a dollar a cup. Now, it is 12 cups for $18, $1.50 per cup. This is still not unreasonable, considering how much it can cost to buy loose leaf tea elsewhere, much less a good curation from a wide variety of companies -- plus shipping.

Am I going to resubscribe? I'm pretty sure I will. I'm moving things around in my budget and I do believe I'll be able to re-subscribe! With a cold winter coming, I can't wait. 

If you'd like to try out Amoda Tea's new box, use code WELCOMEBACK to nab your December box for $12.  

If you're not ready to commit to a monthly subscription, try out their single Tasting Boxes! I recommend the Must Haves, which contains Duchess' First Love, a tea I've reviewed in the past. Rainy Days contains one of my favourite sweet teas of all time, Caramel Toffee.

Happy tea drinking!


No comments :

Post a Comment