Tuesday, 13 January 2015

Change to Future Blog Posts

Hello everyone!

To make posting more efficient and rapid, I have decided to no longer add beneficial and detrimental ingredients of note to most make up products unless the products make claims to be beneficial or have particularly detrimental ingredients.

Items this change will affect are: all eye products, all loose and pressed powders, most cream pigments, and most lip products. I will continue to provide information about foundations whenever possible.

The reason for this change is that many make up items are simply pigment and binder. It is my opinion that trace amounts of coconut oil or vitamin E will not truly be beneficial to one's face or eyelashes, or that ingredients that are usually detrimental like alcohol would harm anyone when used as a drying agent in a mascara. To put them on the same playing field as alcohol being the second ingredient in a toner (which is meant to be something to help your skin) is silly at best, and misleading at worst.

Additionally, it takes quite a bit of time to look up ingredient lists! For English products, it may only take 2-5 minutes, though the time adds up over dozens of items. For Korean products, it may take 5-10 minutes to do some thorough searching -- and that may not result in any results. I find the costs in time to look up ingredients for makeup items is not worth the benefit considering how often these ingredient searches end up in me writing "None" for both beneficial and detrimental ingredients.

I would like to use the extra time to speed up posting for myself, as I know I am not the fastest blogger in the world (thus all my Retro Reviews). I hope that by doing this I will be able to find a balance between providing important ingredient information while remaining topical. As well, once posting becomes more efficient, I can use any extra time left to translate ingredient lists by hand! I have begun to do this somewhat for a few Memebox items in future reviews and I feel that it will be helpful for anyone who cannot translate them on their own.

If you have any feedback about this change, feel free to leave a comment! I would love to hear your suggestions.

-Bunny

No comments :

Post a Comment